With a dedicated team of experienced attorneys, The Awada Firm – California knows that the best way to address our clients’ legal issues is to understand who they are and their story. The Awada Firm humbles itself by recognizing there is always a story behind the legal aspects of a case; and by understanding the story, you understand the case.
The Awada Firm - Legal Success
- Client charged with two violent strikes, and brandishing a firearm. The entire altercation was caught on video. After a month of jury trial, Mr. Awada successfully obtained a Mistrial.
- Client charged with two counts of Sex Crimes. The client faced jail time and 10 Years on the Sex Offenders List, requiring he register as a sex offender at any residence. Mr. Awada obtained a dismissal.
- Client charged with multiple Felony Drug Crimes. Mr. Awada filed a petition to resentence the client. After oral argument, the court agreed with Mr. Awada’s argument and the client was resentenced.
- Client was on probation for violent crimes, violated probation, and was subsequently charged with a felony. Prosecution’s initial offer was 4 years in State Prison. After filing a series of Motions to Suppress Illegally obtained evidence by Police Officers, and finding precise case law to the Defense’s position, the Prosecution offered no jail time and no restitution. Client elected to accept the offer.
- Client charged with one violent strike, and two violent misdemeanors. Client was facing 48 months in State Prison. Mr. Awada was able to get this Client a Diversion. Upon completion of the Diversion, client’s case will be Dismissed.